Hi, Dick.

Maybe I need to describe my setup a bit more thoroughly.

I do not have a Serial Port of any kind on my DELL laptop computer: hence
trying an Adapter.

So yes, I'm using a KEYSPAN USB-to-Serial Adapter with a "straight through"
9-pin male to 9-pin female cable to my K3.

But what I didn't tell you is that I have a powered USB Hub installed in a USB
port on the back of my computer, then the USB Cable that came with the KEYSPAN
Adapter connected to the KEYSPAN USB-Serial Adapter, then my "straight through"
Cable connected between the Adapter and the rear of my K3 for loading.

I am using Com Port 4.

Now that I've given my best description of my setup, it's fairly clear I have
many connection points where the possible "gremlim" lies unless you can define
some other area problem!

If all of the above isn't REALLY so terribly bad, should I be looking for the
special Cable you were talking about earlier?  Do you think that would help?

I did go to the KEYSPAN link you referenced and downloaded the driver
again.  It was the same version but maybe it repaied my version.

Thanks & Best 73.

WA4NTM