Phil,

I agree with you - whatever speakers are used they should have
reasonable fidelity.
Yes, communications quality is all that is needed IMHO for the audio,
but also IMHO, the speakers are *not* the place to achieve that - good
full range speakers should faithfully reproduce whatever comes out of
the K3 (or any other radio).  I find many of the "communications"
speakers sound 'tinny and rattly' to my ears.

73,
Don W3FPR