All this talk about speakers prompted me to resurrect a pair of Apple
amplified speakers that have very good frequency response.  All was well
until I tried 10 and 6 meters - then got the "thumps and bumps" in the form
of a loud hum.  Tried FOE (ferrite on everything) first with no success.
Opened up the speaker and found not one bypass capacitor.  I put one
(.01ufd) across the power plug, and after zapping the amplifier module, one
across each of the stereo amp's power inputs.  Perfectly quiet now.
Monty K2DLJ