Dave G4AON wrote:

> Mike are you using the RIT/XIT control as a means of rapid tuning? On
> 80m SSB I can cross the band in less than two full turns of that knob,
> and on CW it does 300 KHz in 6 turns or so, how quickly do you need to
> tune?

I won't miss 2.5kHz, though I don't envisage using 0.5kHz either. I find
1kHz steps to be the most useful, thanks to the fact that so many people
nowadays use transceivers with a high degree of frequency accuracy and tend
to pick a frequency with all zeros in the last 3 digits. I don't think that
means we've all turned into CB good buddies either. ;)

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html