On Sep 29, 2009, at 6:10 PM, Roy Morris wrote:

I am going to try to correct this again, but because it requires so
much disassembly I would like to know if anyone else has had
this trouble and what was done to correct it.
________

With POWER OFF - I used a straight pin, the kind that comes with dress
shirts, to nudge the light blocker material through the space to the
left of the A/B, REV and A>B buttons. This worked easily in seconds
without any disassembly. Work gradually and carefully. This method is
my own invention and was NOT suggested nor recommended by Elecraft.

YMMV.

73 - Steve WB6RSE