On two occasions, I had that issue with the audio blast. Only on 160m so far.

After changing bands, I held TUNE to check the SWR, it was OK except I heard
TWO short, high-tone beeps when pressing the button, although SW TONE is
permanently OFF.
Tried again, the two beeps came again and this time, after pressing TONE
again to switch back to RX, I heard a short, but deafening, scratching audio
blast.
Third trial: two beeps again but no blast.

After power cycling the K3, all was back to normal. Only one, lower-tone
beep as usual holding XMIT/TUNE.

This happened twice after switching from another band to 160m.
Never happened in the last 18 months up to and including Beta 3.30.

K3 Serial # 586
ATU installed but always bypassed when in the shack
Sub receiver installed but OFF on 160m
KDVR installed
2.7 MHz and 400 Hz filters

73 Richard – HB9ANM