> By the way, I since found out that the "RX;" command is sent to the
K3
> on hitting "Esc[ape]" iff the COM port configuration has "Radio PTT
> via command" checked. This has the nice effect of canceling DVR
> playback on hitting Escape.

Thanks Iain.  Works like a dream when I figured out that I simply need
to cut-n-paste the    {CATA1ASC K31;SWT21;}{CATA2ASC K31;SWT21;}  and
similar commands from your earlier message into N1MM's config SSB
messages option for the relevant message, in place of the   wav\
stuff in there by default.

I guess we can trigger messages M5-M8 as well with the appropriate
commands?  I'm thinking that, for a multi-single club effort in CQ WW
SSB, we might get the two main ops to record their messages in banks
1-4 and 5-8 respectively.  Mind you, it's easy to re-record any
message on the K3, much easier than messing around with WAV files on
the PC.

Anyway, I think this feature might *finally* be enough for the K3 to
displace the FT1000's from the club!

73,
Gary  ZL2iFB  and  ZM2M (www.ZM2M.com)

"Forget the Internet. Talk to people around the world on equipment you
built yourself.  Get on the air and make friends through amateur
radio."  Dave, VK2RD