John,

If your power supply is up to par, then --
IF your K2 is below SN 3000 - look at the switch on the top of the
control board (to the right of center).  If its handle has been bumped
out of the INT position (toward the center of the control board), that
will cause a LO BATT indication.
OTOH, IF your SN is above 3000, there is a 3 pin header in place of the
switch - make certain the jumper is present and is plugged into the two
pins closest to the center of the control board.  The pins and jumper do
the same as the  switch, but are not as easily accidentally bumped when
the top cover is open.

73,
Don W3FPR