Good (very late) evening,
   Between inventorying by junk box(es) and reading the time has flown well
past my appointed announcement hour.  Sorry :(  I have another few boxes to go
but it is nice to know what I can build if I put my mind to it.  Today was very
nice.  So nice in fact I walked to near the top of the mountain.  A good brisk
hike up a twenty percent grade gets the blood pumping nicely.  Fall colors look
very nice from the clear-cut vista.  Watching hawks wheel in the light breeze
from well above them is fun.  The sunny, mild weather was pleasant after the
week of gloom and rain.  Yesterday, as I was driving home, I ran into a cloud.
It is hard to call it fog when you run into it from below and then drive out of
it as you gain elevation.  The trees were pouring off water since the cloud was
so dense even though it had not been raining beneath the clouds.
   All through the week the propagation was decent except for Thursday when it
seemed a little weaker.  QSB was either light or non-existent.  Some QRN was
heard but I think that was from the solar stream hitting the earth which is
causing aurora over Scandinavia.  A sunspot is present but it is rather small.
However, it may grow into something more prominent.  One can always hope ;)  If
you can be present tomorrow you can take advantage of this ionization.  Plus,
the voice ops are putting plenty of energy in the sky with their contesting.  I
have been told the contest is covering the bands but I have been busy with my
parts and a magnifier.  I used to be able to see the colors much better but the
lighted magnifier Pat bought me while building my K2 is quite necessary.  Just
before grad school I needed my first pair of glasses since I was twelve.  Now
they are required even more than they were then.

Please join us tomorrow evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0100z (Sunday 6 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

   Stay well,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-