Putting several in parallel on a suitable outboard heatsink is not expensive
and, properly rated, will cater for any load.  As with semiconductors, the
trick is to not exceed the "junction" temperature.  As always, follow the
manufacturer's recommendations then add your own fiddle factor.  MIL 217
taught me a lot.

David
G3UNA
We've drifted off this thread subject somewhat, my apologies.