I would guess what you're really asking for is for is for the DVR to
play a message if it's invoked when PTT is active and to keep the PTT
active even if you then drop it, but to terminate if it's active and
then PTT is pressed?

That way, it can call CQ, you can terminate it and fill in the gaps
with a PTT and then complete the exchange by invoking DVR again and
have it go on to call CQ again.

That's what I would want too.
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is
writing a book. -Marcus Tullius Cicero, statesman, orator and writer