On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:21:57 -0500, Jeff KB2M wrote:

>By the way Jim, are you always this grouchy?

Two things set me off -- one is quotes of entire posts when only a
few lines are necessary to convey context of the reply. The second
is folks who say they like what I've written but then ask questions
indicating that they haven't really read it carefully.

I offered four specific pieces of info about how to make the mic
work with the K3. I did that with both of my K3s, and several NCCC
members did it with their radios. All work fine. BUT -- as I noted,
the mic is VERY hot (high output) and can easily overload your
computer or radio, so it's VERY important to back off the gains. If
you don't, you'll hear LOTS of distortion.

>You must of not did the Sweep like I did ;>)

Congrats on the sweep. I ran a split site operation to maximize
points for our club -- 10 hours at home, 11 hours at N3ZZ's great
station. 913x79 mults there, 575x75 at home. I did something similar
CW weekend, and made the sweep at home in 14 hours, but not at the
second QTH.

73,

Jim K9YC