Doug,

As Mel has suggested a laptop supply is an option, I used one to power my K2
in RX mode 24/7 over a period of almost 3 years during a propagation study.
The supply I used outputs 15V @ 500mA, so I used a LM317 regulator after the
supply to obtain the required output voltage for the K2 and a VHF converter.
The LM317 is not a low dropout regulator, but I had some in my junkbox.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Mel Farrer <farrerfo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Doug,

Most of the wall warts are just rectified AC. Very little if any filtering.
I would not advise it unless you put it across a battery, however, I would
be more comfortable getting a surplus laptop switching power supply and
adjust the voltage down to 13.5 VDC or so. Most of the laptop supplies are
about 15 VDC and VERY good on filtering and capacity. I
used two silicon diodes in series to drop the voltage to run my 817 on both
RX and TX. It was the size of a double deck of cards. I got mine for $15.
Good luck.

Mel, K6KBE