I also don't understand the comments about the K3 being noisy ... it
beats the pants off any previous rig I've ever had.  One of the things
I've had to get used to is that the K3 is SO quiet, and yet so
sensitive, that I often get startled by signals as I tune across them
(and I almost always have the AGC on).

I also strongly suspect that the choice of settings is the root problem
for many.  Why don't those who feel the rig is noisy post their
operating settings here so the rest of us can have something to work
with?   I mean all the AGC settings, as well as filter bandwidths,
passband shift, RX EQ, typical RF and AF Gain positions, NR if
applicable, etc.

73,
Dave   AB7E