hi,

I can only speak for the K2 which I built. The key point is your soldering
skills. Next point is patience and following the instructions.
If you want to see my building pathway you can find it here:

http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/k2.html

from the dates you can see how long it took me to finish the task.

One idea someone already wrote on the list is building a small kit like
the XG2 or something like this and see if your soldering skills are
already sufficient or need improvement....

And if you plan to start: I sugest to look at the rework eliminator kit. I
missed this point unfortunately.
http://www.unpcbs.com/

73! and have fun!
de Werner OE9FWV