think they have no obligation to explain why they do what they do.

I don't see or smell anything bad in the air other than a large number of
postings questioning why they are offering a Rev D board and LPF....

The decision to be made is whether you want the latest production board or not,
I wonder if YaeComWood would offer such service?

YMMV

73's
Gary
#679 with no mods done and working Dx daily..(:-))

As Don wrote:

Snip

Yes, Wayne, Lyle and Eric have stated that the results were quite
similar to the W9AC mods, but were done in a different manner (I presume
it was easier to accomplish resistor changes in board manufacturing).
There may have been some other insignificant 'tweaks' to the hardware
done at the same time (just because it was convenient).  But there are
no functional or performance enhancements associated with those changes.
I would think if Elecraft had made improvements, they want to advertise
that fact, a better K3 should sell better.

Some of these questions are beginning to sound as though there is some
"conspiracy" going on.  The fact that a board level B can be upgraded to
assembly level D (with the component changes and the LPF) says that the
board printed traces has not changed. Note that the board level relates
only to the printed traces, solder pads, etc.  The assembly level can be
quite different.
 From the information that we have, the original board was assembly B
(same as the board level), then the low frequency response was extended
resulting in level C - finally, Eric decided to add the LPF since it was
available, resulting in assembly level D.

73,
Don W3FPR
End Snip
Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra

[...]