Good grief guys.  Look at the shipping status on these. "Due to the high rate
of orders for this item, and the slow rate of return of the exchange DSPs, new
K3DSPUPGD orders take 2-4 weeks to ship".

it would appear that Elecraft is reworking returned boards to "D" level.  That
seems perfectly rational.  Why would they take your returned Rev B board and
just shred it,when there are just a small number of component changes and the
addition of a daughter board?

I'm sure the D board you get from Elecraft will be "perfect" in all respects.
Most likely the C board I got from Elecraft was reworked.  Haven't lost any
sleep.  Reworking a board like this, especially for simple component changes
(simple if you know what you're doing and have the right tools, that is!)  is
common industry practice.