John,

juergen schrieb am 23 Jan 2010 um 22:02:

> Is there anyway of making the K3's CW decoder work on the straight key
> port? I am using an external logikey and would like to see what I am
> sending  now and then.

I asked the same question some time ago because I wanted to connect a Palm
Radio Infrared receiver to the K3's Keyer port. Wayne answered:

> > Would it be possible to activate the decoder also with the input
> > from an external keyer ?
>
> Possible, but not easy. I would have to decode your CW, which adds a  lot
> of complexity and delays.

My solution was to use the Paddle input instead and if you want to use a
straight key I can recommend PocketDigi to decode the sidetone - it is a
multi-platform multimode decoder available at www.sourceforge.net for
free. I use it on the PC and on my PPC and it works fine.

73! de Werner OE9FWV

--
God is the only being who doesn't need to exist to rule.-- Charles
Baudeleire

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>
Homepage: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/>
Fone +43 5522 75013