Give DXLabs a try.  It too is free and a great program that has been around for
awhile.  Support is great and it works wonderfully with the K3.  Commander (the
rig
control screen) has multiple memories that you can save/recall.  You can also
set
macros that activate when you change mode.  I use DXL for my everyday logging
except for contests, that's when I use N1MM and then I import those records
into
DXL.

73,
Greg - AB7R