Antennas are a magical gray world of what makes everyone
happy, but they all work a certain scientific way that we
cannot change.

The Buddipole, being a shortened and "offset feed" antenna,
is going to have a whole lot of feedline radiation and
common mode back to the rig. It would take extraordinary
efforts to stop the common mode. This does not mean we would
always NOTICE the common mode, it just means it would be
there. Many times this common mode is how very small
antennas get most of their radiation.

Some people will love them, some will hate them, mostly
because of the things we don't even realize are affecting
the performance.

The proper way to tune one is to tune the antenna for lowest
SWR with the tuner off at the desired frequency, and then
use the tuner for touch-up only.

73 Tom