I am using an iMac 2.66ghz with 10.6.3 (64 bit Snow Leopard w/latest updates)
and MacLoggerDX with my K3. I have a cheap USB to serial cable purchased on
eBay for US6.50, and free shipping.  It utilizes the Prolific chipset. Seller
was Sureelectronics.

I recently purchased a new one to replace a version that was 2 years old.   I
had a thumbscrew break off during a shack reorganization (my fault). They are
not always iinline, and care is need when connecting to the K3. I would not
recommend these if you are removing the cable often.

>From a software point of view, there have been no problems. I run the
>communications at 19.2kb.

YMMV

Randy K6CRC