On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 23:51:08 -0400, Luis V. Romero wrote:

>Maybe I'm "cheap", maybe not.

Almost all of us have had to get by with what we could afford for
most, if not all, of our lives, and most of us still do. I've been
a ham since 1955. The first rig I bought new was a Heath Apache in
1958 -- two summer's worth of jobs. The secons was a Ten Tec Omni A
in 1980. The third was a K3 in 2008. I've also owned a few new VHF
rigs. Every other piece of ham gear I own was used by at least one
other ham before me. But it's all "good stuff" -- products of top
quality, well engineered.

73,

Jim K9YC