This is a rebranded HB-1A, made in China and previously marketed only on the
Internet.  I purchased one on ebay about a year ago and wrote a review for
QRP Quarterly.

To summarize, the designers of the HB-1A made some design choices that
differentiate it from the KX-1.  For example, the battery compartment holds
8 cells, which means that both the operating voltage and the power out are
higher (typically 5w).  On the other hand, there is no room for a tuner, and
you have to use an external tuner or a tuned antenna.

On the plus side, the HB-1A has a somewhat better display (more digits), and
a goodly number of frequency memories.  On the negative side, the internal
keyer is very limited, and there are no provisions for a built-in paddle.

So while it will remain an individual choice, I found that the KX-1 was an
overall better TFR rig than the HB-1A.  My HB-1A went back out to ebay,
where it sold immediately.  The KX-1 is still here and still in regular use.

73,

John, WA6L