I assume you're restarted both the computer and the K3.
You need to eliminate either the computer or the K3 as the problem.
Test the computer serial port by following these instructions.

http://www.reliableracing.com/downloads/LoopBackTest.pdf

If the port talks to itself the problem is with the K3.

--
R. Kevin Stover

ACØH