> Pete N4RZ wrote : "One thought that comes to mind - put a "repair queue
> length" figure on the web-site and update it every day or two"
>
> The only problem with that Pete is that it would eat up resources that could
> otherwise be used productively, thus slowing down actual work.

Actually, there's a bigger problem with doing that -- at every web
update, it will foster yet another email storm to the reflector.
Between updates, it will cause a secondary storm about why hasn't it
been updated yet, timed of course from a thousand or so K3 clocks, and
leading to a tertiary storm reprising the clock accuracy thread. :-)

That [in]famous thread actually had a tiny upside for me ... I didn't
know until then that my K3 had a clock.  I set it about 2 weeks ago with
Dick's nifty K3 Utility, just checked it and it's about 2 sec away from
WWV.  I set the dive watch I wear at the same time, it's about 1 sec
from WWV.  I can remember how to use my watch, I'll forget how to get
the clock display back, probably about 1730 tomorrow. :-)

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2010 Cal QSO Party 2-3 Oct 2010
- www.cqp.org