Duncan Carter wrote:
> I had a TR switch that I can't remember the name of that had a 6AH6 that
> was coupled to the tube side of the out pi network of my DX-100 through
> a small capacitor.

Hey, I had one of those, 1954 I think!

   It also functioned as a good preamp and added input
> selectivity that my 455 KHz IF single conversion HRO-50 really needed on
> the higher bands.

Mine fed an ARC-5 rx converted for 40m [and with most of the rotor
plates on the tuning cap pulled out to spread the band over most of the
dial].  I had a pair of ARC-5's TX/RX each for 80, 40, and 20.

   Before that, I also used a DPDT knife switch.

Had one of those too, then "graduated" to a DPDT relay that made a very
satisfying "clank" when actuated.  Big thing, contact arms looked sort
of like spider legs.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2010 Cal QSO Party 2-3 Oct 2010
- www.cqp.org