I just installed the DVR module in my K3, and I have a question on how to use
it:

I like leaving the "AF REC" turned on full time, as I find it very useful to
"instant reply" a call sign or something else significant....

I also like using the voice memories - for example "kilo three whiskey oscar
whiskey" is probably permanently recorded as "M1."

Those two items, however, seem to not work well together.  If I have AF REC
turned on, when I press M1, instead of the radio TX'ing my callsign, the radio
just mutes for a few seconds without transmitting anything at all (and it has
the side effect of turning OFF the AF REC.)   (If I turn AF REC off first, the
M1 memory works as expected.)

Is there any way to use the voice memories while also recording via AF REC?

Thanks
Gary / k3wow