Recall that "Vermont IRV" immediately reduces the field to the two
candidates with the greatest number of first choices.

If we define a fanatical candidate as one who is the first choice of a
minority, but last or second-last choice of a majority, in a race with at
least four candidates, then

Vermont IRV can elect a fanatical candidate.  It will happen if the two
candidates with the most first choice votes are fanatical.

I'd call that a disaster waiting to happen.

Cheers,
- Jan

----