On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 07:17:24PM -0500, Laurin d'Volts wrote:
> How does a person use tor with elinks?
>
> I tried looking on the web for this information, but I couldn't really
> find any. What I'm trying to do is have a simple TUI browser that uses a
> proxy; because I know this would reduce loading times, constraints on
> tor servers, and allow me to move around faster.
>
> Can elinks be used with tor?
> Does anyone know of a TUI browser that can be used with tor?
---end quoted text---

  Since ELinks does not support SOCKS proxy yet, you will need Privoxy
  in order to use tor with ELinks. I think tor website has info about
  Privoxy. You'll need something like this line in Privoxy config file:

  forward-socks4a   /               127.0.0.1:9050 .

  Then in ELinks you will use Privoxy (which in order will use Tor), as
  follows:
  Option manager->Protocols->HTTP->Proxy configuration->Host and port number

  edit its value to be: localhost:8118.

  8118 is the default port that Privoxy uses.

--
 أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer