On 2009-01-01 16:18 +0100, Andre Majorel wrote:

> Happy new year everybody. Trying to run Elinks over ssh and, for
> some reason, the new instance blocks on start-up while trying to
> connect() to /dev/gpmctl. I don't need mouse input. Is there
> something you can put in elinks.conf to prevent Elinks from
> looking for a mouse ?

The wait on /dev/gpmctl happens in Gpm_Open().

Gpm_Open() is called unconditionally by init_mouse().

init_mouse() is called uncondtionally by handle_mouse().

handle_mouse() is called unconditionally by enable_mouse().

enable_mouse() is called from toggle_mouse() (irrelevant) and from
handle_trm() (unless Elinks was started with -remote).

So the answer to the question "is there something you can put in
elinks.conf to prevent Elinks from looking for a mouse ?" would be
"resistance is futile ; there is nothing you can do to prevent
Elinks from looking for a mouse".

That's rather unfortunate as Gpm_Open makes Elinks unusable from
inside screen(1), at least on my system.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>