On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 08:38:51PM +0000, Dave Wood wrote:
> I can't seem to get elinks to recognise gpm mouse. I didn't compile with
> and mouse features disabled, but it just doesn't see it. I tried changing
> permissions on /dev/gpmctl to 777 to see if it helped.

Are you by any chance using screen? I can't get any programs inside
screen (inside a virtual console) to recognize (gpm-driven) mouse
clicks. I first noticed with elinks and thought it was an
elinks-specific problem, but then I reproduced it in vim as well.

Outside screen, in a regular virtual console session, elinks and other
programs all do recognize my (gpm-driven) mouse clicks.

My recommendation is: are you sure that other programs are seeing the
gpm clicks in the same environment where elinks isn't seeing them?

By "not seeing the clicks" I mean the programs themselves don't respond
to the clicks. I am however able to select text from the console, switch
to a different console, right/middle click, and have the text pasted in
there...

--
Jim Pryor
j...@jimpryor.net