I don't want to be rude but a person I knew once said: "No Windows shit
under Linux". That shows that mixing up Linux and Windows is not
necessary a good idea, especially when working with Windows Vista. I
would recommend you either to install "real" Linux on your machine
parallel to Windows and to install and use elinks from Linux or to get a
virtual Linux machine with VMWare MPlayer, Microsoft VirtualPC or
whatever, and to use elinks on the virtual Linux machine. You could also
try to get a free shell account on the Internet and to use elinks there,
if the host provides it; in this case, you would have to connect to your
shell account over telnet from Windows command line but on the other
hand there would be no need on installing Linux on your machine.