On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 04:48:18PM +0000, Saurabh T wrote:

>Hi,
>When vt220 terminal is used for Elinks (0.12pre5) on Linux (redhat el5), it
>hangs at startup in Gpm_open. This seems to be a bug in GPM, so I recompiled
>Elinks with --without-gpm, but was surprised to find the mouse handling still
>works. Out of curiosity, what does Elinks use in the absence of GPM for mouse
>handling? And what do I lose by using this fallback instead of GPM? Thank you.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think that you gain anything from GPM
in X.  GPM is needed for mouse support on the Linux console, but XTerm
and other terminal emulators for X can send programs the appropriate
codes for mouse actions without need for GPM.

--
Miciah Dashiel Butler Masters <miciah.mast...@gmail.com>