On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 04:30:20PM +0200, Adrián Chaves Fernández wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Now bug reports:
>
> Galician locale is bad displayed. Or the l10n file is not in utf-8, or the
> browser is not displaying it in utf8. In the first case, I can talk to the old
> translator (I'm one) to help him to write it in utf8, or just correct the
> codification manually. If it's the later, it's your job :)

The PO file is not in UTF-8 but that shouldn't be a problem. I'm
on a UTF-8 terminal as well and the localization gets displayed
correctly (I haven't tried Galician but German which is also not
in UTF-8).

What version of Elinks do you use? I tried it with current Git
HEAD and after setting the terminal to UTF-8 (Setup -> Terminal
options) and the output (Setup -> Character set -> Unicode UTF-8)
everything works fine for me, and has for quite some time
(translations and website output).

> And finally, looking for a page which could show me the browser identity, I
> found out that when auto-detecting system language (which it does, cool :),
> language is send in the browser identity as "system", instead of the real
> language code. I wish that could change so in the public indentity it reflects
> the system language, "gl" in my case.

Are you referring to Setup -> Language -> System?

I've tested that too and my current Git HEAD sends the correct
accept language header.

> Thanks, and good work!
>       Adrián Chaves Fernández (Gallaecio)

Hope this helps,