On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 09:29:51PM EST, Chris Jones wrote:

> I'm looking at http://news.google.com and when I follow pretty much
> any of the links on the main page, I see that ELinks displays the
> corresponding news article in a new tab, so that after accessing half
> a dozen such articles, or even the same article half a dozen times,
> I end up with half a dozen ‘google news’ tabs.
>
> This does not appear to be the case if I use the ‘seamonkey’ web
> browser instead of ELinks.
>
> Could anybody confirm that this is not due to a mistake in my
> configuratiion, which I doubt since I haven't changed anything lately
> and this behavior started a few weeks ago.

In seamonkey, I can eliminate this behavior by checking ‘Open links
passed from other applications - The current tab/window’ under ‘Links
from other applications’.

These configuration options live under ‘Preferences->Tabbed Browsing’.

I checked the ELinks ‘Options->User interface->Window tabs’ and could
not find an equivalent.

Does this mean that I should request an enhancement..?

If so, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks,

cj