What would be the best way to go about setting up elinks as the default
browser in an X-windows environment?

Ideally I would have this work the way most modern gui browsers do,
meaning if I click on a link in another application, like my email or IM
client, that the link would be opened in a new tab within the current
instance of elinks.

Now, I've been toying with this for a while, and I thought I found a
solution when in my sensible-browser I had it set to

exec elinks -remote {URL:+"$URL"}

and then it would open the link within a new tab, the system just didn't
automatically switch focus to the correct window.

So I had tried throughing in some other commands with various terminal
emulators, but nothing worked as I liked, and then when I switched back
to what I wrote above that didn't work either.

--
==
Jim Fulner

Sent with Iceape Mail