Ryan Yeske <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>    In principle, there is only one overlay-arrow-position variable,
>    and since its value is a marker, its value includes the buffer
>    in which it occurs.
>
>    This is how e.g. gdb can easily move the overlay arrow between buffers
>    -- just modify the global variable.
>
> gdb could use a *gud* buffer local variable.  That way multiple
> instances of gud wouldn't steal the arrow from eachother.

Redisplay looks at the buffer-local value of overlay-arrow-position in
the current buffer (window) being displayed -- so if you set it
buffer-local in *gud* buffer, it will still be nil in the source
buffer -- so no arrow is shown in the source buffer...

IOW, what you suggest does not work as a general feature, so can we
please stop this thread.

--
Kim F. Storm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.cua.dk