Carsten Dominik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> M-f M-b jump around in a confusing way in column view. Maybe just make
>> them like C-f and C-b?
>
> Good idea.
>
> Question back: TAB does still cycle visibility in column view,
> even though this looks like a table and one might expect
> that tab moves to the next field.  Any thoughts on this?

I'm not expecting TAB to jump from field to field here, but maybe others
would. A possible trade-off: do the normal cycling when at the beginning
of the line, jump among fields otherwise?

>> Is having the column view print practical? What about export?
>
> Yes, clearly important missing features.  What should we have?
>
> One interesting possibility would be a dynamic block that
> captures the column view as an Org-mode table.

That would definitely be nice!

> The problem here is, where to create it.  Globally for the entire
> buffer with a #+COLUMNS line is probably the best?

Yes.

While we are at this, what would people think of a new {%} summary type
for column view?

  {%}  Progress status, [100%] if all children are in a DONE state.

--
Bastien