On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 12:40:50PM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Bastien Guerry <b...@gnu.org> writes:
> This will break export and folding.
> Also, I often simply archive inlinetasks once they are done. The above
> will archive too much.

So just to be clear, we want a method to make a heading with all the
features of headings, but that isn't a heading or treated like a
heading?

Isn't the key feature that the inline task is a heading except it is
exempt from the folding logic (ie: sparse tree)?

Why can't we do this with a flag or cookie in a heading? We already
have priority cookies.

If the inline task also doesn't impact the tree structure of the
parent heading, that's an even taller order. That's where plain lists
are OK, they just lack the extra functionality of a heading (ie: drawers).

I don't see any solution that isn't really hacky.

Shouldn't this be excluded from core and supplied by someone's custom
plugin if they want this ability? Org-mode should focus on the
headings and their data, and if you need to hack in some extra syntax
perhaps Org doesn't need to concern itself.

Russell Adams                            rlad...@adamsinfoserv.com
                                    https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/