Joe Gilder <j...@homestudiocorner.com> writes:

> Noticed this a few times. When I run query-replace, it functions as usual.
> However, when I’m done with the query-replace, it seems to break org-fold. I
> can’t fold/unfold headings anymore.
>
> I had the same issue the other day with replace-string as well.
>
> Killing buffer and coming back fixes it.

You can set `org-fold-core-style' to 'overlays (early in your config) to
fix this.

Unfortunately, text-property based folding cannot be reliable because
too many parts of Emacs and third-party packages hard-code certain
implementation details.

The default value of `org-fold-core-style' is changed to 'overlays on
main to avoid this and similar problems.
Handled.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,