On Oct 2, 2009, at 2:12 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

David Neu <da...@davidneu.com> writes:

It looks like when using C-c C-x C-s (i.e. move subtree to a separate
file) the default behavior is to mark the headline as DONE, regardless
of whether it's a TODO or not.

I'm wondering if someone can explain why this is the case and if there
is a way to modify this behavior?

Yes that does feel wrong. I never noticed before since everything I've
been archiving is always a TODO item in a done state.

Carsten: Shouldn't the item just be archived as is?

Yes, I guess the default value for org-archive-mark-done is wrong.....

- Carsten