On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Christian Egli <christian.e...@sbszh.ch>wrote:

> Hi Dan
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> Dan Davison <davi...@stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:
>

> Yes, I didn't even realize that a new version has come out as I'm still
> using the old C++ Unix-only version.

One note on this... I think only the new Ruby version (TJ3) supports an
actual gantt chart export... 2.4.3 (or whatever the other version is at
right now) only shows a gantt chart in the program itself if I recall
correction. It's not until TJ3 that you can get nice html output without
needing the QT-based interface.

Perhaps not a huge deal for some, but I really wanted this (gantt charts)
and did not want to be stuck with the QT interface for exporting them (or
even showing them to others). If this is the type of output being sought,
I'd stick with looking into TJ3 org-mode integration over 2.4. Or perhaps
take a look at the first of the references on how to use both: TJ 2.4 for
viewing and TJ3 for exporting?

Best regards,
John