Hi Torsten,

Torsten Wagner <torsten.wag...@gmail.com> writes:

> I try to extract certain information which are processed by org-mode.
> As an example the compiled agenda-list. Basically, I want to have certain
> parts of the agenda in a variable (or an array) instead of a buffer.

The easiest way might be to recreate this data with org-map-entries
instead of trying to get them from the agenda itself.

> I could run e.g.,
> (org-agenda list nil nil 1)
> however, this always end up in a buffer, which I could start parsing and
> closing afterwards, but maybe there is a more smart way?

A clean rewriting of the agenda would put every agenda information in a
list, then display this info in a buffer.  This way you could well fetch
information directly in the list, not in the buffer.

That would be a nice improvement indeed -- don't expect this to happen
soon thought.

Best,

--
 Bastien