On 03 Jun 2001, Kai Großjohann wrote:

[...]

> Oh, boy.  I have no idea how Emacs works when you do that.  Hm.  Hm.
> I can reproduce the behavior.  But how does Emacs normally know that
> the file has changed?  Hm.  Does anybody know what is going on behind
> the scenes?

Generally, using `verify-visited-file-modtime', as I understand. Since
tramp does not implement this, I don't know what Emacs would do...

You might start looking there, anyway.

        Daniel

--
Standards of excellence are not chiseled in stone. They are constantly being
redefined. It is important to recognize that what was graded excellent last