On 24 Jul 2001, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

> Joe Casadonte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I've read everything I can find on how to get tramp to connect via ssh/scp
> > from an NT box, and they all, without fail, say that you have to set it up
> > so that you're not prompted for a password (i.e. via ssh-agent or keys).
> > To me, this is an unacceptable security risk.
>
> Actually, the case can easily be made that using ssh-agent with
> ssh is more secure than authenticating using UNIX passwords.

<snip>

> You may want to read further on ssh-agent.

I may indeed.  I misunderstood ssh-agent's role.  Not quite sure where I
picked up my notion, but it was quite wrong.  From what I've read this
afternoon, ssh-agent should be fine for what I need.  The fact that I
can't get it to work is somewhat secondary....

Thanks for the corrected info!

Regards,

joe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]