I just cvs up'd my tramp directory, then executed

    make EMACS=xemacs

Compilation of tramp.el failed with this output:

    xemacs -batch --eval "(add-to-list 'load-path \".\")" \
            -f batch-byte-compile tramp.el
    Compiling /home/skip/emacs/tramp/lisp/tramp.el...
    While compiling toplevel forms in file /home/skip/emacs/tramp/lisp/tramp.el:
      !! File error (("Cannot open load file" "timer"))
    >>Error occurred processing tramp.el: Cannot open load file: timer

Any ideas where this came from?  Interactively executing (require 'timer)
worked for me just now.

--
Skip Montanaro ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.mojam.com/