From: emboss-boun...@lists.open-bio.org
[mailto:emboss-boun...@lists.open-bio.org] On Behalf Of Rozenbaum, Daniel
(Biocceleration Inc)
Sent: Wednesday, 6. February 2013 16:50
To: emboss@lists.open-bio.org
Subject: [EMBOSS] Working with Geneseq databases

Dear all,

Does anyone have experience getting EMBOSS to work with the Geneseq database
distributed by Thomson Reuters (
http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/science/science_products/a-z/geneseq/
 ) ? This database comes in "EMBL-like" format that uses some line codes that
are not defined in EMBL format proper, which in our experiments has caused
problems when, for example, trying to index these databases as EMBL-formatted.
--
Daniel Rozenbaum
Biocceleration, Inc.