> Gerald, I think the app object logic in
> Embperl::Object::Execute() is wrong.  It seems to always
> recreate the application object, where it should only do it
> once.  Looking at the code, it never seems to check if
> $packages{"$fn::$appfn"} already exists before creating a new
> app object.

The $packages{"$fn::$appfn"} never get used, so it doesn't hurt (also I
should delete this assignment)

Normaly the run($c) a few lines below should make sure that it is compiled
in the same package, but somehow this doesn't seem to work here.

Also this code is only used to get the perl code compiled, the real object
pointer is the application object which is retrived with $r -> app and bless
into the package return by the call to run($c) .

Could you run your test again with debug set to 0x7fffffff and send me the
logfile

Gerald