On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 04:07:25PM +0200, Gerald Richter wrote:

> > The log looks ok and shows that the bug is fixed.
> >
> > Could you make a stack back trace from the segfault?
>
> Could you try if make test works for you?
>
> If make test segfaults, run make testgdb to get the stackbacktrace

make test works - all tests successful. My example segfaults from the
commandline every time, but trying to run it under perl -d ends in a hang
rather than a segfault:

calix:~/tmp/embperl-object-execute$ perl -d /usr/bin/embpexec.pl execute.html

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

             NonStop = '1'
Embperl::__1::_ep_main1(/export/home/gavin/tmp/embperl-object-execute/execute.html:4):
4:          appname => 'test',
5:          debug => 0x7ffffff,
  DB<1> c

Embperl::__2::_ep_main2(/export/home/gavin/tmp/embperl-object-execute/_base.epl:4):
4:
  DB<1> c

Embperl::__3::_ep_main3(/export/home/gavin/tmp/embperl-object-execute/simple.html:4):
4:
  DB<1> c
   2 + 2 = 4

This never returns. Any other way I can try and get a stack back trace?

Cheers,
Gavin