Can you make sure its the very first PerlModule
command?

Usually this happens when a prior PerlModule command
(or nested module) is calling "use DBI;" before the
Apache::DBI module is loaded... this causes
Apache::DBI to be disabled..

It must be called before any use DBI. And it is then
universal across your entire server codebase...

Regards

Marty